FBF (My First flash EVER) FBF (My First flash EVER)

For a first ever flash...

That was very impressive for a first time flash! Particularly an FBF one!
There were some points where the music was quite fast/action packed and the FBF didn't quite have the same intensity, but FBF is an extremely difficult type of animation to get right, and you made a very very very good start!

I hope this gets through judgement, and keep working on FBF, as you honestly could get to a much higher level!

Hope to see more from you soon!

Target Madness Target Madness

Supermon21....

Reviewed by: Supermon21

Overall Score: 1
Atleast don't use Garage Band for your music. I've extreamely sick of that. Tired, boring, nothing really funny about it. Try to work harder at making flash.

Flash by Supermon21:
- none -

Point proven. Anyway, onto my review. Ace little flash you got going there, I like the graphical style a lot! Very funny stuff too, especially the random inclusion of DDR in the equation. Also liking the narrator gimmick/joke too, very clever. Maybe sound quality could be a tad better on the voices, but wasnt terrible overall. A great job, really keep up the good work, I enjoyed this a great deal.

Hanged Man's Elegy Hanged Man's Elegy

My mouth is still open

Absolutely stunning. Words cannot describe the sheer awe I experienced when first watching that flash, it was just amazing. Music was wonderfully chosen, fitted perfectly to the mood, and you also managed to capture the sense of horror not only with the main character within the animation, but you also got me pretty freaked out, especially with the graveyard section at the beginning, with the cut frames and ghosts of the past appearing in random areas, also loved the first person perspective at certain intervals.
I think the most important thing about this movie is the main themes behind it. Mourning of a loved one may seem what is happening on the surface, yet I feel deep down this movie is all about mankinds perversion and lack of love where those involved look into the inside. Very twisted ending, the scarf hanging the guy at the end was excellent, and the note on the table, superbly done. Another key point about the animation was how wonderfully the aspects of insanity were represented, spectacular special effects using different alpha and colour channels, and lots of cut frames and quick shots which I have a particular fonding for.

You have my second 10 in my reviews. And you damn well deserve it.

Avatar Psychiatrist Avatar Psychiatrist

A surprisingly enjoyable flash!

Really really really really nicely done, great style for a song that barely makes sense yet you made it have a sense of humour and logicality about it, really nicely done! Great graphics change thing (nice tribute to what some animators actually do!), and of course its a great song. Congratulations on bringing a slightly older song of this century back to the modern day in a great flash.

Good job sir, make more.

-Play More- -Play More-

In two words...loved it.

I'd never really been truly interested in the art of 'rotoscope', having not heard much about its techniques or how they can be used in the majority of animation today. However, you have really got me inspired here, with incredible style, and an actually awesome technically excellent percussion style piece of music. I am a huge fan of Blue Man Group, and it really did match up with their masterful percussion sounds and rhythmic patterns. Just out of interest, two things - 1) Did you take any form of inspiration from Blue Man Group (if you haven't, check them out you'd like them, and also if you have, congratulations on the style you've done it :) ) and 2) What FPS did you have that at?

Graphics were stylish, excellently done, and very well presented. Style - enough said. Sound, awesome piece of rhythmic music pulled off to a great extent. Violence, a guy punched himself in the end...interesting percussion though :D. Interactivity - rated low but it didnt need interactivity to be honest. Humour - I just found it cool how a guy could punch himself in the head and make it sound like a bass drum, that brought a smile to my face :)

Overall, one of the best original music videos on Newgrounds. I saw your other work, was really impressed, and now, consider yourself to be one my favourite author's list. Congratulations, and be proud of your work :)

Important Announcement Important Announcement

That's one hell of an FBF...!

That really lightened up my day :) If my calculations are correct, which I sincerely doubt they are (:D), that was an incredibly fluent 19fps, really nicely done. Sweet music too, never heard of the band, will definitely check them out in the future. Sadly, I cant pay by Paypal, but you deserve every penny. That was original, stylish, and a nice way to promote yourself :) (and your birthday!)

Good luck in the future :)

Luis responds:

the music is from the soundtrack of dirty dancing havana nights... you were probably not born but ya...thnx

The Apple Orchard 2 The Apple Orchard 2

In one word...stunning...

That was absolutely brilliant, no doubts about it. I never knew that such a simple thing as tissue paper could prove to be so effective in animation, and you used it to its highest potential. Overall, the flash looked superb.
Voice acting was also excellent, and you really got the feeling that there was a lot of realism to the situations the three characters were placed in, and as for the cousin, whoever voice acted him...congratualtions, you made me hate him instantly :)
Nice music to fit as well, really nice stuff there.

As for the story, I think you captured a real life situation in a format that really communicates to an audience. I've had no love luck ever, and I mean ever, and I have experienced exactly what happened there, and it was harsh. And I thought you really brought that out in the piece, and you couldn't help but feel sorry for the bird at the end.

Overall, an excellent piece of work, and a REALLY nice addition to the portal. Be proud :-)

Foamy: Hurricane Special Foamy: Hurricane Special

Couldn't have been said better...

Foamy is once again, damn right. It's sickening to watch how news reporters can make TV and news reports about how people's roofs are blowing off and watching people die whilst they're in their bright yellow 'life jackets' with a huge microphone reporting back to some idiot in a news room probably somewhere underground, whilst the guys in the studio shove their DOPPLER RADAR up their own freaking asses, whilst CNN loves to work on their voices to make the hurricane sound even more horrific and scare the hell out of people even more than they probably already are.

I can really tell that this has got some views and responses, sheerly by the amount of numbers that people found reviews useful. Infact, I think most if not around 90 % have commented on a useful review. I hope people find this review 'useful' as I aim to answer quite a few questions and respond to a view statements.

1) 'It's one frame, how on earth did this make frontpage?'
Answer: Simple. The sheer appeal and quality of the ENTIRE FLASH got this one front page. It didn't NEED complex animation, it didn't need stunning backdrops, it didn't need any more graphical work than it did. It got the point across, and in my opinion, and many others, that's what matters. You can blab on all you like about how it's 'one fucking frame' but to be honest, if thats what you look for in an ENTIRE flash, don't even bother being at NG. If you only look for 'high quality graphics and visuals' instead of the flash's whole appeal, just leave.
2) 'This took around 35 minutes to make'.
Response: What do you expect? Hurricane Katrina is happening RIGHT NOW and illwill put in more effort, I wouldn't be surprised that by the time he'd finished it, people would be complaining about gas again. I wouldn't spend long on a current world affair, and 35 minutes for the scripting and recording is damn good work.
3) 'He just starts repeating himself over and over'
Response: WHAT? If anything, Foamy makes several good points during this flash (hence I'm not using the term 'animation' incase it pisses more people off) and barely repeats himself. If he does, then I'm missing it. Foamy makes more than 15 good points in this flash, if not more, so I don't know where you got that idea from. Yes, he repeats the fact that people need to help, but maybe the reason he did that was to get it into your BRAIN.

One frame. Who cares? It's the entirity of the flash that matters. I think I've said enough.

Become Become

Pretty damn incredible..

That was something else. The quality and the smoothness of that claymation/stopmotion made for an enjoyable experience overall. I'm sure that many claymation film makers and those completely new to the genre would have still been fascinated by that movie.

The first thing that took me, and I'm sure others will agree, was the quality of the opening wire forming animation. The quality, smoothness, and overall appeal of that opening scene was excellent. I really don't know how you managed to get such a smooth and nice looking animation for that, but it was sheerly incredible in my eyes.

I personally am quite a noob to the claymation scene, and I really enjoyed seeing the full creation of the clay model. This could have been done terribly, if not almost as a tutorial. But you really took your own spin on the idea, and it worked to full potential.

I think this will turn many animators towards claymation now, as you have made the process appealing and have introduced it to experienced and noobs alike.

Thanks for this great submissions, you deserve a high score for this.

One last thing, what was your FPS?

MackProductions responds:

twas at 15 frames per second. I took over 2,000 frames for this beast. Im glad you liked it!:)

Angel B. Dean 03_04 huge Angel B. Dean 03_04 huge

Just lip-syncing, and you're there

That was a pretty enjoyable movie, even though it used Flash for a mix between a movie file with 3D graphics and vector graphics. :)
3D graphics were nice, and mixed well with the flash vectors. Only one complaint, and that would be to add lip-syncing. The movie would then REALLY be alive then. I'm not sure if that was what you were aiming for, and please correct me if I'm wrong. :)
Sound was crisp, clear, with some good voiceacting too, and I hope this continues in the same high quality.
People don't normally mention the preloader, but I thought that was not a technically achieving preloader, but a pretty nicely visual designed one. Very nice. :)
Some cool moments in the flash, especially where it was 'a race against time' with people running towards their 'goal'. Now I just need to find out what happens.

Keep up the good work :)